Charleston, South Carolina
In the fall of 2022, Ms. Dillehay transitioned to the lead attorney for Finkel Law Firm’s bankruptcy department where she has worked diligently to represent creditors in Chapter 13, 11, and 7 bankruptcy cases.
Shannon was born and raised in Roswell, Georgia. She received a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Indiana University. While at Indiana University she was a member of Phi Alpha Delta, the largest professional law fraternity in the United States. She graduated cum laude from the Charleston School of Law in 2020, where she served as an articles editor for the Charleston Law Review. During her last year in law school Shannon contributed over 50 hours of pro bono services by working with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program and the South Carolina Humane Society.
Shannon began clerking with Finkel Law Firm in 2019, and she joined the firm as an Associate Attorney in 2020 after she was admitted to the South Carolina Bar. Ms. Dillehay started her legal career as an attorney in the firm’s Social Security Disability department where she worked passionately to achieve favorable outcomes for her clients. Ms. Dillehay continues to contribute hours on the weekend to SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery (SOAR) to help increase access to disability benefits for individuals who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
When not practicing law, Shannon enjoys spending time with her friends and family, and hiking the north Georgia mountains with her puppy Mac. She participates in Charleston’s Cooper River Bridge Run yearly to help earn money for numerous charities throughout South Carolina.
Areas of Practice:
- Creditor representation in bankruptcy cases
- Contested foreclosure litigation
- General litigation
- Social Security Disability – at the administrative and Federal Court appeals levels
- South Carolina, 2020
- United States District of South Carolina, 2021
- Charleston School of Law, 2020
- Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Honors: Presidential Honors Program, Dean’s List, Charleston Law Review, CALI Award in Legal Research and Writing
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 2017
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology degree
- Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice minor
- Honors: Dean’s List
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- South Carolina Bar
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR)
- ABA Young Lawyers Division
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association
Individualized Care From 20+ Attorneys
Helping clients achieve their goals is our Charleston lawyers' primary mission.
Over 50 Years Of Legal Experience
Meet the vibrant, responsible, and accomplished legal team at Finkel Law Firm, LLC.
Helping You With Your Legal Needs
We have the capacity to address a wide range of legal matters. See how we can help you.
Speak With An Attorney TodaySchedule a consultation with a Charleston lawyer to discuss your legal concerns.
Finkel Law Firm Won Gold for Best Family Law and Bronze for Best Estate Law and Law Firm
Johnny Stewart promoted to Partnership
Finkel Law Firm Announces Best Lawyers and Ones to Watch for 2024
Johnny Stewart of Finkel Law Firm - 2023 South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars