J. Alton Bivens
Columbia, South Carolina
J. Alton Bivens has distinguished himself by obtaining a Masters in Taxation Law from New York University and has received a Certificate as a Specialist in Taxation Law from the South Carolina Supreme Court. Although he has specialized in tax law, Attorney Bivens’ has extensive experience in other areas of law. Through his past experiences and training, Alton is very qualified to fill the role as a personal and small business counselor and advisor at law.
He is equip to prepare the legal documents and agreements for the entire life-cycle of a small business, including:
- Business formations and ownership structuring
- Management and operations
- Risk reduction and liability protection
- Business planning and sources of capital funding
- Key employee compensation incentives and retention
- Market growth and business expansion
- Tax planning and tax controversy resolution
- Business succession planning and implementation
- Business sales or dissolutions
Alton's practice of law concentrates on, but is not limited to:
- Last will and testament
- Appointment of powers of attorney
- Making of trusts for the protection of minor children, the elderly, persons with Special Needs
- Administration of probate
- Representation for individual tax controversies before the IRS, the South Carolina Department of Revenue, or any local tax authority
- South Carolina, 1995
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York, 1996
- LLM in Taxation
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina, 1995
- Juris Doctor
- Wofford College, Spartanburg, SC, 1974
- A.B. in Liberal Arts
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- South Carolina Bar Association, Sections on Taxation and Probate
- Richland County Bar Association
**Any results the law firm may have achieved in past cases does not imply or indicate that similar results may be had in your case. Outcome of litigation is dependent on many factual and legal circumstances that may differ in your particular case.
Individualized Care From 20+ Attorneys
Helping clients achieve their goals is our Charleston lawyers' primary mission.
Over 50 Years Of Legal Experience
Meet the vibrant, responsible, and accomplished legal team at Finkel Law Firm, LLC.
Helping You With Your Legal Needs
We have the capacity to address a wide range of legal matters. See how we can help you.
Speak With An Attorney TodaySchedule a consultation with a Charleston lawyer to discuss your legal concerns.
Finkel Law Firm Won Gold for Best Family Law and Bronze for Best Estate Law and Law Firm
Johnny Stewart promoted to Partnership
Finkel Law Firm Announces Best Lawyers and Ones to Watch for 2024
Johnny Stewart of Finkel Law Firm - 2023 South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars